Thursday, October 20, 2016

REFLECTIONS


Currently, I'm learning about the classification of the Immunoglobulins. There are five isotypes in the human immunoglobulins, which are IgD, IgE, IgM, IgA, and IgG. These immunoglobulins have different structures and functions. IgA secretes antibodies in the mucosal membrane, IgG help control infections against bacteria, viruses, and parasites, IgM is the first antibody to respond to antigen exposure, IgE plays a role in response to allergens and IgD assists with the maturation of B cells. All these information are relevant to my career goal as a hematologist/oncologist. Most patients I come across with would be those with a B cell deficiency and T-cell deficiency & in most cases, it would be B cell deficiency. 
For instance, I come across a six-year-old patient with leukemia, which is excessive, uncontrolled proliferation of the B cell. Also, this course helps me in understanding more about my health. The diagrams on the powerpoint help me visualize what occurs in the body. You tend to write on the board more often that's quite helpful too. So far, I understand this chapter. Two things that are confusing are 1. The quote: "All immunogens are antigens, but not all antigens are immunogens." Can you please elaborate on what this quote means; because I wrote on the quiz that antigens bind to receptors on lymphocytes, and they induce an immune response, but not all antigens evoke an immune response, but I only got half a point. Another question I do not understand is: What advantage could there be in having an immune system that generates billions of lymphocytes that do not recognize any known infectious agent? I got this question wrong. If you can, please clarify these questions. 
This course has changed my perspective on everything. Like recently, someone was prescribed Hydroxyurea, and I automatically thought SCD, then I looked up on the internet if this drug helps with one type of sickle cell or both [anemia & thalassemia]. Then, I searched up the mechanism of Hydroxyurea in the body--production of fetal Hb in the bone marrow--as well as side effects. Even in little things, like when someone sneezes or coughs next to me, I slightly get irritated because and I sanitize my hands. 



Image result for immunology funny images
Google images
Image result for immunology funny images.....LOL
Google images





Work cited
  • "Microbiology and Microbiology Jokes to Share." Pinterest. N.p., n.d. Web. 20 Oct. 2016. <https://www.pinterest.com/pin/478648266621532976/>.



1 comment:

  1. HOW I GOT CURED OF HERPES VIRUS.

    Hello everyone out there, i am here to give my testimony about a herbalist called dr imoloa. i was infected with herpes simplex virus 2 in 2013, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so i was thinking on how i can get a solution out so that my body can be okay. one day i was in the pool side browsing and thinking of where i can get a solution. i go through many website were i saw so many testimonies about dr imoloa on how he cured them. i did not believe but i decided to give him a try, i contacted him and he prepared the herpes for me which i received through DHL courier service. i took it for two weeks after then he instructed me to go for check up, after the test i was confirmed herpes negative. am so free and happy. so, if you have problem or you are infected with any disease kindly contact him on email drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. or / whatssapp --+2347081986098.
    This testimony serve as an expression of my gratitude. he also have
    herbal cure for, FEVER, DIARRHOEA, MOUTH ULCER, MOUTH CANCER FATIGUE, MUSCLE ACHES, LUPUS, SKIN CANCER, PENILE CANCER, BREAST CANCER, PANCREATIC CANCER, CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE, VAGINAL CANCER, CERVICAL CANCER, DISEASE, JOINT PAIN, POLIO DISEASE, PARKINSON'S DISEASE, ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, CYSTIC FIBROSIS, SCHIZOPHRENIA, CORNEAL ULCER, EPILEPSY, FETAL ALCOHOL SPECTRUM, LICHEN PLANUS, COLD SORE, SHINGLES, CANCER, HEPATITIS A, B. DIABETES 1/2, HIV/AIDS, CHRONIC PANCERATIC, CHLAMYDIA, ZIKA VIRUS, EMPHYSEMA, LOW SPERM COUNT, ENZYMA, DRY COUGH, ARTHRITIS, LEUKAEMIA, LYME DISEASE, ASTHMA, IMPOTENCE, BARENESS/INFERTILITY, WEAK ERECTION, PENIS ENLARGEMENT. AND SO ON.

    ReplyDelete